Are you a business focused, charity-minded professional with drive and determination, a high degree of self-motivation, initiative and the ability to work well unsupervised?
Following the impending retirement of the current post holder, SafeWise is seeking a dynamic and progressive Chief Executive to lead and contribute to this exciting, established and expanding interactive safety, health and well-being education charity.
- Full Time, permanent role
- Salary subject to experience
- Working across Dorset & Wiltshire
Outgoing Chief Executive, Alison Shelton BEM, opened the Bournemouth centre (then known as Streetwise) in 1998 and over the years the charity has grown to encompass a new community safety centre in Weymouth and a centre in Wroughton near Swindon is due to open in 2018. The charity is supported by a Board of Trustees from a wide range of public, private and community sectors and is now looking for a Chief Executive to build on the legacy of almost two decades of Changing and Saving Lives.
As the successful candidate you will help to set the direction of the Charity and run it in such a way that it:
• Works collaboratively with other agencies to deliver its objectives
• Is financially sound
• Enhances its good reputation in the safety sector
• Is seen as encouraging innovation and thought leadership
Your experience will enable you to manage the charity by:
• Co-ordinating the involvement of the key partners
• Overseeing fundraising to attract and maintain investment in the Charity through a variety of sponsors and sources
• Line managing the Central Services team and Centre Managers and taking overall responsibility for all staff and volunteers
• Seeking new commissions for education programmes focusing on prevention, safety and health
You will have:
• The credibility to attract support for the charity from industry, business, local authorities and other organisations and sources
• Good financial management skills – evidence of leading and managing a budget and managing resources whilst meeting goals for the organisation and within cost constraints
• Leadership and motivational skills
• Good interpersonal skills in order to develop and maintain positive relationships with staff and volunteers, internal and external partners
• A proven work record demonstrating a high level of responsibility
• People and premises management skills (minimum 5 – 10 years)
• A degree or further education qualification or equivalent, ideally with a qualification linked to the voluntary sector and a full valid driving licence
In return you’ll have a unique opportunity to work across Dorset & Wiltshire, alongside an invaluable Board of Trustees, leading a nationally recognised award-winning interactive safety education charity helping children and people of all ages to enjoy safe and healthy lives and to reduce preventable accidents and save lives for generations to come.
1 Please download a Job Description and Person Specification and an Application Form.
2 Electronically return your completed Application Form, your current CV and a scanned copy of a brief handwritten cover letter – attached to a single email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
3 Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday 19th May 2017
4 Successful long list candidates will be advised by telephone as soon as possible after the closing date and will be required to attend for the interview process as below
5 The successful candidate will be appointed subject to satisfactory references, medical and DBS clearance
Scheduled interview dates:
- Wednesday 24th May 2017 – long listed candidates meet the safety centre managers and teams at SafeWise Bournemouth
- Long listed candidates will be invited to arrange a visit to SafeWise Weymouth between 25th May and 5th June inclusive
- Tuesday 6th June 2017 – long listed candidates first interview
- Thursday 29th June 2017 (afternoon) – final interview for short listed candidates