Recruiting now! Volunteer at SafeWise Weymouth
SafeWise Weymouth is currently recruiting volunteers in range of roles.
The charity’s safety centre, next to Weymouth Fire Station on Radipole Lane, provides safety education and life skills for all ages and abilities.
There are a variety of roles the centre needs extra volunteers to help with – including day-to-day running of the centre, welcoming visitors and taking them on safety tours.
Do you have a few spare hours each week and fancy making a difference? Would you like to meet new people and have some fun whilst helping your local community?
If so, we want to hear from you. All you need is dedication, to be 18 years or over, enjoy being part of a team and have a good sense of humour. No experience is necessary as training is provided.
Volunteer at SafeWise Weymouth – anyone interested in signing up as a volunteer or finding out more information can contact the centre on 01722 691507 or mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Every year thousands of people are needlessly injured and killed in what are often preventable accidents if only they had been aware of the potential dangers and given the knowledge and the confidence to deal with them and keep safe.
Volunteer at SafeWise and make a positive difference, even a couple of hours a week could save or make a difference to a life. By volunteering you can:-
- Build your skills and confidence
- Develop your career skills and knowledge
- Have fun and be part of a sociable, enjoyable and rewarding team
- Make a real difference and help people stay safe
We will provide you with everything that you need from a uniform to training and everything in-between.
Across the sites our volunteers undertake a range of activities including :
- Safety Guide – showing visitors around the safety village and helping them to learn how to see risks and educate them on how to mitigate those risks and stay safe
- Administrative support – staffing reception, meeting visitors, taking room bookings and processing telephone and email enquiries
- General assistance – setting up rooms with tables and chairs, housekeeping
- Helping in the cafeteria (Weymouth)
If you have other skills or interests that aren’t mentioned above that you feel we could use we would love to hear from you, so please do get in touch!
What do our volunteers say about being a safety guide?
“I really enjoy it. Since I retired I’d been looking for something to do which doesn’t over commit me. I feel I’m doing something worthwhile for the community”.
“Not only do I gain experience working with children for my future career, but volunteering looks great to potential employers on my CV!”
“In my job in A&E I see many injuries from preventable accidents and the trauma that the families involved go through. Here, I know that the things that the children are learning can make a difference and if I can keep just one child out of casualty then I feel that I have achieved a very worthwhile thing.”
No qualifications are needed
The only qualification is that all our volunteers need to like people, be friendly and positive! All volunteers undergo routine DBS and reference checks. We are an equal opportunities organisation and actively encourage everyone to get involved in the centres.
As a guide at SafeWise you can work with us as little or as often as you like, you can either choose a regular slot or be flexible to suit whatever is happening in your life. All we ask from you is that you make at least one visit (2 hours) per month. Some guides enjoy it so much they guide several times a week. It’s up to you.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at SafeWise please contact us for a no obligation informal chat.
- SafeWise Bournemouth – Elise St. Hill, Centre Manager – call 01202 591330 or email email@example.com
- SafeWise Weymouth – Ben Heath, Centre Manager – call 01722 691274 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us now and be part of something amazing!
Volunteers at SafeWise Bournemouth