Customer Service Officer
To work within a community based charity is very rewarding and to be part of the development and evolution of SafeWise makes it a very exciting place to be.
- Act as the main point of contact and support for schools subscribing to our membership scheme
- Manage bookings, invoicing and payment systems
- Contact schools directly to raise awareness of our new membership scheme
- Support the rest of the team with marketing, customer service and general administration
I am a competitive horse rider and regularly compete nationally with my own and other people’s horses. I like cake!
Chief Executive Officer
“As a teacher, I feel passionately that young people deserve learning experiences that prepare them for real life in the twenty first century. Education shouldn’t be only about gaining academic qualifications. In a rapidly changing world, learning should truly be lifelong and SafeWise plans to support adults too in developing skills for life to help them reach their true potential. My job is all about this, and I feel privileged to lead the charity at such an exciting time. “
- Set the strategic direction of the charity
- Lead the team in delivering our objectives
- Lead the development of partnerships with public and private sector organisations
- Look for new opportunities for securing our future and increasing our impact
I play the piano (badly), was brought up in Yorkshire, and now live Dorchester after a house-moving career including Cheltenham (student), Yeovil (primary teacher), Cheltenham Take 2 (Senior Teacher), Bicester (Schools Officer for house builder) and Hereford (Deputy Head, Manager at Safeside with West Midlands Fire, and Regional Manager for the Skills Builder Partnership). I drink lots of tea and am (re) learning French. I have two grown up children: one is in live event sound/vision and the other is pursuing a career in child psychology and teaching.
Elise St. Hill
SafeWise Operations Manager
I’m passionate about helping others and enjoy working for a charity; knowing that whatever task you’re doing is essentially helping others is automatically rewarding. I’m continually inspired by how hardworking and dedicated my colleagues and the volunteers are.
- Manage our new schools membership scheme and the digital 360 and virtual reality projects
- Look after our Bournemouth centre and volunteer team
- Lead on SafeWise team wellbeing and development
- Continue improving and developing what we do, offering an excellent skills for life programme
I play Roller Derby and I’m the Vice Captain for Dorset Roller Girls B team
I enjoy working for SafeWise because of the of the way that everyone works hard together to provide fantastic experiences for the visitors to the centres.
- Provide PA support to Rob, our CEO
- Ensure efficient and compliant business systems and processes are in place across the charity
- Manage finance, IT and customer support
- Provide HR support
I have appeared in Hello magazine!
I am enjoying using my experience as an Early Years Lead Teacher in primary schools, and over 18 years working in arts education, to ensure we meet the needs of schools across Dorset, South Wiltshire, Hampshire and South Somerset – and soon, through our digital offer, nationally. I am keen to develop the existing excellent work by ensuring that SafeWise and skills for life are anchored in school curriculum planning.
- Overall responsibility for educational delivery at SafeWise
- Creating and updating new online content for our member schools
- Liaison with our partners on messaging
- Supporting the staff team and volunteers to ensure quality delivery in the centre
- Building systems to measure and evaluate impact
I love stationary, walking the dog, the sea, my family and any kind of theatre performance….but not necessarily in that order!
I enjoy working for an organisation where I can enjoy using all my skills and creativity to make a real difference.
- Attract visitors, such as schools, groups and families, to the SafeWise Centre
- Build awareness and take up of our new Schools Membership offer, including online resources
- Manage publicity material like leaflets, social media content and the website
- Raise awareness of SafeWise through the media
- Manage PR with our supporting partner organisations
- Look after the reputation of the SafeWise charity
I appeared in a TV advert when I was a child in Australia.
Sarah Jane Woods
Programmes Development Officer
I enjoy supporting the team to design and develop new learning experiences at SafeWise. It is really rewarding to know, that these programmes will impact positively on the lives of many people across Dorset and soon nationally.
I’m currently researching grant funding for our exciting new digital offer and schools membership scheme and I look forward to creating new programmes in the future for different audiences, such as older people and young people leaving home for the first time.
- Research topics
- Draft programme and project outlines
- Implement the pilots
- Evaluate the success
- Identify and draft grant applications
- Support project management
I have lived all my life in Dorset, always have a jigsaw on the go and I enjoy a monthly gong bath to keep my energies balanced!